Date: April 5, 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Labrador City, NL – After the tremendous success of the 2012 Cain’s Quest Snowmobile Endurance Race, committee organizers met on Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 to review the operations and procedures over the past year and to discuss the potential date for the next race.
After much discussion surrounding the rapid growth of the event and the limited resources and financial strain that the event experiences year after year, the committee has moved that the next race for Cain’s Quest will be scheduled for 2014.
Cain’s Quest is in a unique situation. As it has quickly become recognized as a world-class event attracting attention from potential participants and race fans on a global scale, it is an event that is managed by only one paid employee and a volunteer committee. The race has taken on a life of its own and it has now reached a point where committee members feel it necessary to bring Cain’s Quest to a standard of excellence and a level of professionalism that will coincide with the race’s already established reputation as a superlative snowmobile competition within the professional racing world.
Over the next two years, Cain’s Quest will address the challenges that have been on-going in recent years and the goal is to re-introduce Cain’s Quest 2014 to the world in a manner that will exemplify the event as THE top choice event among race fans, racers and snowmobile and adventure enthusiasts.
Cain’s Quest proposes to:
- Increase marketing efforts and tap into current market trends reaching a broader audience within the target market
- Develop a sponsorship strategy that will enhance the current benefits package, attract new sponsors and strengthen relationships with existing sponsors and partners
- Execute a successful sponsorship campaign and lobby funding agencies to increase income to employ more staff to manage key areas of the event
- Develop a volunteer recruitment and retention strategy that will increase volunteer involvement and attempt to mitigate volunteer “burn out”.
- Personalize Cain’s Quest and revamp rules and regulations to correspond with the growth of the event
- Engage spectators and become more interactive with race fans through social media
- Engage communities along the race route to become more actively involved and to mandate Cain’s Quest as a part of their Municipal budget
- Explore new possible route options to showcase more of Labrador’s unique landscape and cultural heritage
- Review current safety scheme to identify areas for improvement and implement new safety standards
- Keep up to date with ever-changing technological advancements and incorporate new technologies into race/fan interaction.
Cain’s Quest Snowmobile Endurance Race will return in March 2014 with an event that promises to be bigger and better than ever before.
For more information on Cain’s Quest visit www.cainsquest.com
Contact: Todd Kent-Co Chair-(709)-944-5013 or 5011 PO Box 206, Labrador City, NL Canada, A2V 2K5
The purpose of Cain’s Quest is to
promote Labrador as a premier snowmobiling destination and provide reliable, consistent, safe and honourable cross‐country
snowmobile racing and recreational riding in Labrador